|PyxisÂ© (Go to Pyxis)|
PyxisÂ© is a web-based risk management tool for capital projects and turnarounds in the petroleum, energy, and chemical industries. Derived from the Greek word for compass, PyxisÂ©; helps teams easily navigate the risk management process by providing a means of identifying risks, assessing their impact, and tracking risk response actions on a real time basis. PyxisÂ© can be used at all stages in the life cycle of a project or plant turnaround.
PyxisÂ© is a proven system that has delivered first class results to a number of the worldâ€™s leading energy companies through:
PyxisÂ© provides a structured format for implementing a holistic risk management process. The tool walks users through the following steps:
- Improving management visibility into the most critical project or turnaround risks â€“ so they can be properly identified, monitored, and mitigated
- Driving risk accountability throughout the ranks of the organization, with individual assignments, email alerts, and historical action tracking
- Focusing the efforts of the project or turnaround team â€“ so that the team can mitigate the risks with the greatest potential impact to the project or turnaround
- Enabling a standardized risk management process to be used across the organization â€“ ensuring 100% adoption and commitment
- Providing online access to proven best practices and methodologies based on the hundreds of risk workshops AP-Networks has conducted
PyxisÂ© comes pre-loaded with a proprietary database of the industry's most common threats and opportunities. The tool's Quick Start feature allows teams to begin the risk management process within minutes of logging-onto the system. PyxisÂ© is easily accessible by all team members, and requires minimal upfront training by users. The tool can be deployed either as Software as a Service (SaaS), or pre-loaded on a network appliance for installation inside your companyâ€™s firewall. PyxisÂ© can be licensed by company, site, facility, or project â€“ with unlimited access, and a simplified annual license.
- Identifying risks associated with the capital project or turnaround
- Categorizing the risks in a structured format
- Evaluating risks based on their potential impact and probability of occurrence
- Prioritizing risks based on their level of manageability
- Developing a comprehensive risk register
- Monitoring and managing risks by means of mitigation and contingency plan development