Upstream Turnaround Assist Program (UT-AP)
|Upstream Turnaround Assist Program (UT-AP)
AP-Networks has established the Upstream Turnaround Assistance Program (UT-AP) to enable and provide assurance that best practices are being implemented to generate safe, event-free, predictable, and competitive turnaround (or shutdown) outcomes for offshore and onshore upstream facilities.Â The UT-AP helps teams predictably and safely plan and execute upstream turnarounds. Our upstream turnaround consultants provide your organization with an objective, outside perspective on all of the strategic decisions and tactical activities needed to implement a successful turnaround. Combined with AP-Networksâ€™ world-class tools, our experienced staff and industry leading methodologies have consistently delivered the most schedule-efficient and incident-free turnaround possible. The senior consultants who lead these upstream engagements are uniquely qualified and collectively have reviewed and managed more than 50 upstream turnarounds worldwide (e.g.; US Gulf of Mexico, North Sea, Norwegian Continental Shelf, West Africa).
Recent trends and market constraints have only magnified the importance of detailed / careful planning and preparation prior to an asset shutdown. In general, Industry performance for high complexity upstream turnarounds has been poor with respect to schedule duration with only a very few shutdowns meeting their planned goals. AP-Networks works closely with the upstream turnaround team at all planning and preparation stages (at T-10 months, T-6, T-2 and T+1) to identify planning gaps, team dynamics, turnaround risks and constraints associated with:
The engagements are done at four major points during the upstream turnaround life cycle and provide value across the entire enterprise by:
- Scope development and Work packages
- People on Board (POB) planning
- Logistics â€“ Shipping / Heli schedule
- Materials management / lay-down areas / QA & QC
- Schedule / Critical Path / Schedule sequencing scenarios
- Contractor / Vendor mobilization plan
- Interconnectivity with adjacent assets
- Onshore / Offshore ownership
- Identifying potential issues and gaps early to mitigate risks and avoid disasters.
- Aligning team members with each other and with the goals of upper management.
- Developing a detailed, on-target action plan for the turnaround planning team.
- Ensuring internal work processes compliance.